Tuesday, June 3, 2008

altered muffin tin














A couple of weeks ago I saw the CUTEST idea on the junk drawer blog. Maria had taken a muffin tin and painted it pink, then put votive holders in it. I absolutely loved it, and just had to make one! LOL So I got some votive holders at Micheal's and an old muffin tin at the thrift store. And there it all sat LOL Today I just had a creative bug bite me, and I pulled out the muffin tin! I didn't have any primer though, and I couldn't wait to get some, so I decoupaged it instead. I only put the paper on the top, leaving the bottom and the part where the muffins go (what would you call that? LOL) the original muffin tin silver. Then I added a whole lot of buttons. It still looked plain, so I hot glued some big rickrack around the edge. My mom was cleaning out a bookshelf Sunday, and I offered to take some votives off her hands :) They are the perfect light green for my living room! (they're Spearmint by Partylite) I really love the way it turned out! And it coordinates so well with my sweet birdie tree.

Now, off to the next project! I've already finished part of it, and I'll show you tomorrow evening!

7 comments:

Maria said...

Oh my so beautiful! I love all the buttons. Thanks for the well wishes.

FrenchGardenHouse said...

That's such a great idea!xo Lidy

Rosie's Whimsy said...

Well that is totally clever! I love it and is especially great for summer entertaining! :-) Rosie

Diane at Crafty Passions said...

WOW !!!!!!!!
What a difference a coat of paint and some buttons can do its soooo pretty oh my goodness its pretty!!
Thanks for the idea!!
Take care,
Diane
http://dianobe.blogspot.com/

Lucy Bloom said...

Hi Shanae, that is just a fantastic idea too, and I like your idea of decoupaging the tin. Result looks great!
Lucy x

Joy Jones said...

That's such a great idea...never would have thought of that one. Thanks for sharing! ~ xoxo Joy

ROSE VINE COTTAGE said...

Now I found you! I kept visiting on your other site (speckled hen) I'm a little slow.LOL. Anyways, I love the muffin tin candle holder, that is so clever. Talk soon. Kelly