Thursday, March 6, 2008

"Cherish"

Last weekend I went shopping at the Book Table with my sister. We both bought these cute matte board signs made by Making Memories. She got hers done right away, but I just barely got mine done, due to a case of vanishing modge podge LOL Unfortunately, this is a crummy picture, so you can't see all the fun little details. There is olive and black ribbon on the "c", with the word "home" in black alphabet beads and a little prima flower with a black brad in the center. I had to wash the "h" with walnut ink, since the white flourishes were a little too bright. The "e" has ecru crocheted lace, with the word "family" in black alphabet beads and a moss prima flower with a black brad. I painted a white silk daisy with cream acrylic paint and stuck it behind the "i", with a cream prima flower and black brad on the front of the "i" dot. I couldn't find any rick rack that matched (at least not in my meager collection LOL), so I used my Fiskars corkscrew scissors to cut my own from the same paper that is on the "r". Then I put the word "love" in black alphabet beads on the bottom corner, along with yet another cream prima flower and black brad. I actually painted all the alphabet beads with cream paint, since the letters were originally white, and it just didn't match. I also brushed brown stazon ink on all the edges of the letters to give it a more shabby feel. I really like the way it turned out. I'd like to mount it on a board and then hang it up in my family room, but that's the part that I'll probably never get around to LOL You know, I had so much fun making this, I might just have to go get some more. Mother's Day is coming up after all...

No comments: